Zulkarnain B Hassan, Dr.
|Ph.D.||2016||Doctor of Philosophy
(Civil Engineering), UTM
Title: Streamflow optimization using statistical downscaling and analytical probabilistic models under climate scenarios (Supervised by Prof Dr. Supiah Shamsudin and Prof. Dr. Sobri Harun).
|M.Eng.||2012||Master of Engineering
(Civil-Hydrology and Water Resources), UTM
Title: Climate change impact on precipitation and streamflow in a humid tropical watershed (Supervised by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sobri Harun).
|B. Eng.||2010||Civil Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Member of Malaysian Hydrological Society (2014 – present)
- Graduate Engineering of Board of Engineering Malaysia (2013 – present)
- Member of The International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAH) (2013 – present)
- Fluid Mechanics Engineering (EAT252)
- Hydraulics (EAT259)
- Hydrology (EAT345)
- Urban Stormwater Managemet (EAT476)
- Workshop on “Effectiveness of Outcomes Based Education (OBE)”, organized by Bahagian Pengurusan Akademik (BPA-UNIKA), Pejabat Timbalan Naib Canselor (Akademik & Antarabangsa), UniMAP. Bilik Seminar Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Blok B, Seriab, Kangar. 11th July 2017.
- Workshop on “Bangkel Pentaksiran Hasil Pembelajaran (OBE)Siri 1/2017”, organized by Center for Sustainable Leadership Academic Development (LEAD), Universiti Malaysia Perlis, Bilik Seminar Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Blok B, Seriab, Kangar. 15th-16th June 2017.
- Workshop on “Pemantapan Rakan Pendamping Siswa (RPS)”, organized by Student Affairs and Alumni Department (HEPA), Universiti Malaysia Perlis, Auditorium Perpustakaan Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra, Perlis. 9-10th February 2017.
- Zulkarnain Hassan., Supiah Shamsudin and Sobri Harun (2015). Choosing a fitted distribution model for rainfall event characteristics based on 6H-IETD within Peninsular Malaysia. Jurnal Teknologi (Sciences and Engineering), 75 (1), 145–157.
- Zulkarnain Hassan., Supiah Shamsudin, Sobri Harun, Marlinda Abdul Malek, and Nuramidah Hamidon (2015). Suitability of ANN applied as a hydrological model coupled with statistical downscaling model: A case study in the northern area of Peninsular Malaysia. Environmental Earth Sciences, 74(1), 463-477.
- Zulkarnain Hassan., Supiah Shamsudin and Sobri Harun (2014) Minimum input variances for modelling rainfall-runoff using ANN. Jurnal Teknologi (Sciences and Engineering), 69(3), 113-118.
- Zulkarnain Hassan., Supiah Shamsudin and Sobri Harun (2014). Application of SDSM and LARS-WG for simulating and downscaling of rainfall and temperature. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 116(1-2), 243–257.
- Member of Project Grant award by Kulim Hi-Tech., Kedah on Source Identifying and and Modelling of Total Organic Carbon in Sungai Muda Catchment, Kedah. 1st January 2017 until 31st December 2017 (RM241,000) (Conducted by WAREG UniMAP).
- Member of UniMAP Short-Term Grant on Research and Development on Hydrodynamic Modelling of Flood Mitigation. 19 Dec 2016 until 18 Dec 2017 (RM 20,000) (Head of the grant, Dr. Wan Mohd Sabki Wan Omar)
- National Science Challenge 2017 (Perlis State), 13th July 2017, State, Organizing Committee.
- The 4th lnternational lnnovation, Design and Articulation (i-lDeA), 24-26th April 2018, International, Promotion Committee
- International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering (CENVIRON 2017), 28-29th November 2017, International, Executive Committee.