Nasrul Bin Hamidin, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
Research Area :
Occupational hygiene (Indoor air quality)
Occupational safety and health management
Environmental impact assessment
Health risk assessment
|Ph.D||2010||Doctor of Philosophy, Griffith University, Australia|
|Master Degree||2002||Masters in Industrial Safety Management, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia|
|Bachelor Degree||1999||Bachelor of Science (Environment), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia|
|Diploma||1994||Diploma in Science, Institut Teknologi Mara, Malaysia|
Malaysian Industrial Hygiene Association (MIHA) Society of Engineering Education Malaysia (SEEM).
Administration: Dean, School of Environmental Engineering (2015 – present).
Research: Health risk assessment, Environmental management, Occupational safety and health management, Occupational hygiene
Academic (teaching and learning): Environmental impact assessment (EIA), Environmental management system (EMS), Environmental risk assessment (ERA), Safety and health management, Emerging Engineering Technologies - Green technology.
TNB Research Sdn Bhd (1994 to 2005) Researcher, Environment Unit; Safety and Health Manager (April 2003 to February 2005). Laboratory Manager, Water & Ecology Laboratory, Environment and Applied Chemistry Unit (October 2001 to April 2003). Researcher, Environment Unit (September 1999 to September 2001). Technical Executive, Environment Unit (November 1994 to June 1996).
- M. A. C. Munaaim, N. Hamidin, A. Ayob, N. Md. Sani, A.M. Salleh (2016) Application of Micro Hydro Electric System Attached to Effluent Point of Sewerage Treatment Plant, 5th Annual Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Sciences (SEES 2016), Singapore.
- Md Tariqul Islam, Zarina Zakaria, Nasrul Hamidin, Mohd Azlan Mohd Ishak (2016) Effects of Natural Environment and Increased Ranges of Humidity for Indoor Cultivation of Grey Oyster (Pleurotus Pulmonarius) Mushroom in Malaysia, 28th International Conference on Agricultural and Biological Science (ICABS), 7th April 2016, Penang, Malaysia.
- S.H. Abdullah; L.M. Kamarudin; N. Hamidin; A. Zakaria; A.Y.M. Shakaff; R. Gunasagaran (2015) Assessment on ground-level nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and ammonia (NH3) at secondary forest of Mata Ayer and Kangar, Perlis. 11th Asian Conference on Chemical Sensors (ACCS 2015), 16th – 18th November 2015, Penang, Malaysia.
- F. Bustary, Z. A. A. Zainuddin, M. F. A. Jalil, Z. M. Ideris and N. Hamidin (2015) Formation of Disinfection by Products (DBPs) in Treated Drinking Water. The 2nd IWA Malaysia Young Professionals Conference (YWP15), 17-20 March 2015, Vivatel Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Muhammad Ridwan Fahmi, Nasrul Hamidin, Che Zulzikrami Azner Abidin, Umi Fazara Md. Ali and Mohd Irfan Hatim Mohamed Dzahir (2013). Performance Evaluation of Okra (Abelmoschus Esculentus) as Coagulant for Turbidity Removal in Water Treatment. The 2nd International Conference on Advanced Material Engineering & Technology (ICAMET 2013), 28th – 29th November 2013, Indonesia.
- Nasrul Hamidin, Des Connell and Jimmy Yu (2012). Health Risk Due To Benzene and Other Volatile Aromatic Hydrocarbons (VAH) In Houses In Brisbane. 5th Annual Scientific Meeting,25th -26th October 2012, Adelaide, Australia.
- Siti Nurfatin Nadhirah, Muhammad Ridwan Fahmi, Che Zulzikrami Azner Abidin, Soon An Ong and Nasrul Hamidin (2012). Pilot Plant Study of Ozonation and Biological Activated Carbon (BAC) with Recycling for Advanced Drinking Water Treatment. 3rd International Conference on Environmental Research & Technology, 30th May to 1st June 2012, Penang, Malaysia.
- Murali, V., Ong, Soon-An, Nasrul, Hamidin, Dr.; Wong, Yee Shian, Ho, Li Ngee, Khairul Anuar, Pakri (2013). Degradation of synthetic dye wastewater by using combined anaerobic-aerobic and aerobic sequencing batch reactors. 2nd International Malaysia-Ireland Joint Symposium on Engineering, Science and Business (IMiEJS 2012), 18-20 June 2012, Kuala Lumpur.
- Abdul Latif Abdul Rani, Tengku Nuraiti Tengku Izhar, Nasrul Hamidin, and Najihah Abdul Rashid (2012). Immobilisation of heavy metals from waste using cementitious materials and binders via stabilisation and solidification techniques: A review. 2nd International Malaysia-Ireland Joint Symposium on Engineering, Science and Business (IMiEJS 2012), 18-20 June 2012, Kuala Lumpur.
- Saizzah Salim, Nasrul Hamidin, Khairuddin Md Isa (2011) Trace Chemicals in Petrochemical Working Environment and their Potential Health Effects on Humans. 3rd CUTSE International Conference, 8-9 November 2011, Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- M. Arkam C. Munaaim, Nasrul Hamidin, Afizah Ayob, (2016) Review on the Potential of Micro Hydro Electric Generator Embedded at Effluent Discharge of Sewerage Treatment Plant, Jurnal Teknologi (Sciences and Engineering), 78 (5), 15-21.
- Intan Liana Nordin, Naimah Ibrahim, Nasrul Hamidin, Ahmad Lutifi Othman Lutifi, Noor Aini Abdul Ghani (2015) Acute Toxicity of Endosulfan to Anabas Testudineus, Advances in Environmental Biology, 9 (27), 341-345.
- Rohazriny Rohim, Razi Ahmad, Naimah Ibrahim, Nasrul Hamidin, Che Zulzikrami Azner Abidin (2015) Potential of Eggshell Waste for Pyrolysis Process, Advanced Material Research, 1087, 77-80.
- Ahmad, N. Hamidin, U.F.M. Ali, C.Z.A. Abidin (2014) Characterization of Bio-Oil from Palm Kernel Shell Pyrolisis, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences, 7, 1134-1140.
- Muhammad Ridwan Fahmi, Nasrul Hamidin, Che Zulzikrami Azner Abidin, M. Ali Umi Fazara, M.D. Irfan Hatim (2014) Performance Evaluation of Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) as Coagulant for Turbidity Removal in Water Treatment, Key Engineering Materials, Advanced Materials Engineering and Technology II, 226-230.
- Rohazriny Rohim, Razi Ahmad, Naimah Ibrahim, Nasrul Hamidin, Che Zulzikrami Azner Abidin (2014) Characterization of Calcium Oxide Catalyst from Eggshell Waste, Advances in Environmental Biology, 8 (22), 35-38.
- Razi Ahmad, Nasrul Hamidin, Umi Fazara Md Ali. (2013) Effect of Dolomite on Pyrolisis on Rice Straw. Advance Materials Research, 795: 170-173.
- Hamidin, N.; Yu, Q.J., Phung D.T., Connell, D.W., Chu C. (2013) Volatile aromatic hydrocarbons (VAHs) in residential indoor air in Brisbane, Australia. Chemosphere. 92 (11), 1430-1435.
- Razi Ahmad, Nasrul Hamidin, Umi Fazara Md Ali. (2013) Bio-oil Product from Non-catalytic and Catalytic Pyrolysis of Rice Straw. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(5): 61-65.
- Murali V, Ong SA, Ho LN, Wong YS, Hamidin N. (2013) Comprehensive review and compilation of treatment for azo dyes using microbial fuel cells. Water Environ Res, 85 (3): 270-277.
|· Source Identification and Modelling of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) in Sungai Ketil, Kedah
|· Environmental Monitoring Program for the Development of Sanitary Landfill at Rimba Alam, Mukim Titi Tinggi, Perlis
|· Lake Brief Baseline Study for Beris Dam, Sik, Kedah
|· Rentis Management Study for SESB Distribution Network – Occupational safety and health.
· An Impact Study of Different Landuse Type to Hydro Power Generation – River sedimentation study.
|· Environmental Impact Assessment for 1 x 700 MW at Janamanjung. – Water quality study.
· Detail Environmental Impact Assessment for Hulu Terengganu Hydro Power Station, Terengganu Darul Iman – Water quality study (An addition data collection for 1999 study).
|· Environmental Monitoring for the Serdang Power Station : Team leader for water quality monitoring program (2002 – 2003).
· Tuanku Jaafar Power Station Rehabilitation Project Phase 1 (For Perunding Bersatu) – Environmental Monitoring Works : Team leader for water quality monitoring program (2002 – 2004)
|· Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN) Project – Phase 3 : Team leader for water quality monitoring program (2001 – 2003).
· Carbon Sequestration – Trees Planting and Research on the Technical and Social Evaluation of the Global Warming Problem through the Study on the Inland Forest Ecosystems (2001 – 2003)
|· Intra-Enviro Effects Study of Serdang Power Station vis-à-vis the Development of Putrajaya (1997 – 2000) - Water quality study.
· The Effects of Kapar Power Station Discharges on Tropical Marine Ecosystem (1997 – 2000) – Water quality study.
· Sea Water Monitoring for the Existing Cooling Water Intake at Tuanku Jaafar Power Station, Port Dickson.
· Environmental Impact Assessment for Proposed Thermal Power Plant in Dengkil, Selangor Darul Ehsan – Flora and fauna studies.
· Environmental Impact Assessment for 1 x 350 MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Block by SKS Ventures Sdn. Bhd. – Water quality and marine ecology studies.
· Tuanku Jaafar Power Station Rehabilitation Project : Team Leader for Water quality and marine ecology monitoring program (2000 – 2005)
|· Sea Water Monitoring for the Cooling Water Intake Design at Janamanjung Power Station, Perak Darul Ridzuan.
· Environmental Impact Assessment for Prai Power Station Rehabilitation Project – Flora and Fauna Studies.
· Environmental Impact Assessment for Proposed Hydro Power Station at Hulu Terengganu, Terengganu Darul Iman – Water quality study.
|· Marine Studies for Gas Turbine Project at Teluk Ewa, Langkawi.
· Preliminary Environmental Impact Assessment for Proposed Power Station at Tanjung Batu, Perak Darul Ridzuan – Marine Studies.
|· Bird Pest Problem at Tenaga Nasional Power Substation in Kelantan and Terengganu.
· Siting Studies for Proposed Power Station Site at Perak Darul Ridzuan.
· Siting Studies for 500 kV Substation (converter) at Tanjung Sedili, Johor Darul Takzim.
· Routing Studies for Proposed 500 kV Transmission Line from Sedili to Bukit Batu / Yong Peng, Johor Darul Takzim – Flora and Fauna Studies.
· Socio-economic Studies for Proposed Power Station Site at Tanjung Batu, Perak Darul Ridzuan.
· Socio-economic Studies for Proposed Co-generation at Bangsar, Wilayah Persekutuan.
|· Post Monitoring of Environmental Conditions at 275 kV Transmission Line Across Tasik Bera Forest Reserve.
· Bird Pest Problem at Selected Tenaga Nasional Power Substation in Peninsular Malaysia.
External Reviewer Panel for Polytechnic (The Ministry of Higher Education) Assessment System (2011-2013)