Farah Naemah Mohd Saad, Dr.
|Ph.D||2013||Doctor of Philosophy (Environmental Science),USM
Thesis: Pollution Study and Bioremediation of Heavy Metal in Aqueous and Sediment Phases of Sungai Pinang River Basin
|Master Degree||2005||Master of Science (Environmental Engineering), UPM|
|Bachelor Degree||2003||Bachelor of Technology (Environmental Technology), USM|
|Course Code||Course Name|
|EAT 131||Environmental Chemistry|
|EAT 441||Environmental Remediation|
|EAT 444||Final Year Project|
|EAT 461||Final Year Project I|
|EAT 462||Final Year Project II|
|EAT 235||Geoenvironmental Engineering|
- Bioremediation of Heavy Metals Contains in Sediment Phase of Kuala Perlis. (On-going)
- Removal of Odorants from Landfill Leachate using Hydrated Lime (On-going)
- Removal of Colour, Organic Compounds and Nutrients from Wastewater Containing Azo Dye using Aerobic and Anaerobic Baffled Constructed Wetland Reactor. (On-going)
- Simultaneous Photodegradation and Biodegradation Process in Hydrid Type Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) for Mineralization of Organic Pollutant (On-going).
- Characteristic and Properties og High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)/ Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR)/ Palm Press Fibre (PPF) Composite (On-going).
|August 2013 – to date||Senior Lecturer
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
|2007 – July 2013||Fellow,
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
|February 2006 – June 2006
October 2005 – December 2005
August 2003 - 2004
Jurutera Perunding Zaa’ba Sdn. Bhd.,
No. 17, Jalan Daud, Kg. Baru, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
School of Distance Education,
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM),
Pulau Pinang, MALAYSIA.
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering,
Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM),
Serdang, Selangor, MALAYSIA.
- S.M. Odli, T.N.T. Izhar, A.R.A. Razak, S.Y. Yusuf, I.A. Zakarya, F.N.M. Saad, M. Z.M. Noor. 2016. Development of Portable Water Level Sensor for Flood Management System. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Volume 11, No.8. pp. 5352-5357.
- N.T. Izhar, Z.S.M. Odli, I.A. Zakarya, F.N.M. Saad, N.M. Ibrahim, R.C. Amat, T.L. Binn. 2013. A study on Hydrogen Sulphide as Potential Tracer in Landfill Gas Monitoring. Advanced Material Research, Volume 684, pp. 189-193.
- N.M. Saad, N.N.N.A. Rahman, Abbas, F.M. Alkarkhi, S.A. Mohammed. 20012. Investigation of natural attenuation and bioaugmentation techniques in remediate heavy metal contaminated sediments. The 2nd International Malaysia-Ireland joint Symposium on Engineering, Science and Business 2012 (IMiEJS 2012), 18-19 June 2012, Putra World Trade Centre, K. Lumpur.
- N.M. Saad, N.N.N.A. Rahman, Abbas, F.M. Alkarkhi. 2012. Assessment of heavy metal pollution in sediments of Pinang River, Malaysia. The 3rd International Conference on Environmental Research and Technology 2012 (ICERT 2012), Park Royal Hotel Penang, Malaysia, 30 May- 1 June 2012.
- A. Mohammed, V. Muniandi, N.A.Z. Najib, N. Ibrahim, F.N.M. Saad. 2012. Nickel and methylene blue removal efficiency using durian rind powder. The 2nd International Malaysia-Ireland joint Symposium on Engineering, Science and Business 2012 (IMiEJS 2012), 18-19 June 2012, Putra World Trade Centre, K. Lumpur.
- N.M. Saad, N.N.N.A. Rahman, Abbas, F.M. Alkarkhi, F.M. Omar. 2008. Water Quality Assessment of Pinang River Basin. International Conference on Environmental Research and Technology (ICERT) 2008, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, 28 – 30th May 2008.
- N.N.A. Rahman, F.N.M. Saad, F.M. Omar, N. Ismail, I. Halonen, M.O.A.Kadir. 2006. Determination of total heavy metal from sediment and aqueous phase of closed drainage system of Prai Industrial Park, Penang. The 11th APCChE Congress Asian Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, 27- 30th August 2006.
- N.M. Saad, N.N.N.A. Rahman, M.O.A. kadir, F.M. Omar. 2006. Identification of Pollution Sources within the Sungai Pinang River Basin. The Malaysian Research Group International Conference 2006 (MRG-IC2006), University of Salford, United Kingdom, 19- 21th June 2006.
- N.M. Saad, A.A.R. Noorazman, T.G. Chuah, Thomas S.Y. Choong, M.H.S. Ismail. 2004. Dye adsorption using the treated rice husk: preliminary study of treatment method. Regional Conference for Young Chemists (RCYC) 2004, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia, 13-14th April 2004.
- Biogas production by co-digestion of food waste with sugarcane bagasse in using two phase reactor (Funded by Universiti Malaysia Perlis – Short Term Grant)- Co-Researcher
- Study on Modified Sand Filtration in Treating Water Quality of Wet Market Waste Water (Funded by Universiti Malaysia Perlis – Short Term Grant)- Main Researcher
- 10 latest awards (start with latest year of award)